Friday, August 19, 2016

Dead Show/podcast for 8/19/16

This week I'm going to try something a little bit different on the Deadpod and bring you a sample of this summer's Dead & Company tour. Personally this happened to be the only show I had the opportunity to attend, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and since I've had some requests for this material I thought I'd share some with you... This is the first set of Dead & Co's show at the DTE Energy Theater in Clarkson MI on July 7th, 2016. It was a beautiful night and the scene was quite relaxing and kind. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but I was quite pleasantly surprised, and while you may have heard some of this band before I am hoping you'll enjoy this selection. 

Dead & Company 
July 7, 2016 DTE Energy Music Theater 
Clarkston, MI 

set 1
Jack Straw
Big Boss Man
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Friend of the Devil
Minglewood Blues
Sugaree
Don't Ease Me In

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 

Enjoy and be kind to somebody today! 




6 comments:

Danny said...

Good morning Professor.
I love your podcast, they are def. the highlight of my week.
If possible, can you please play a soundboard copy of the Jerry Garcia Band's last show ever from the Warfield Theater on April 23rd, 1995?
I think it would be good to hear in light of today's release of GarciaLive Vol. 7.
Thanks again for what you do.
Regards,
Danny

the professor said...

Hi Danny, thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I was served with a cease & desist order regarding Jerry Garcia Band shows and am no longer able to publish them. The estate apparently doesn't believe those should be freely available.....

Anonymous said...

Great idea to post a D&C show, Professor. They've been serving our community well with their tours, and a little love is appropriate. =)

Anonymous said...

What a grate first set! Everyone sang and played so well. You were fortunate to have been there for that one. One of the nice things about these new shows is the quality of the recording...top notch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Professor,
Thank you so much for your continued publishing of the Deadpod. I will donate money soon. John Mayer sounds like he's trying way too hard to fill the Jerry spot. Very wordy imitation of Garcia's style without the feel. He sounds best in his comfort zone on the blues on Big Boss Man. I have to admit that he is a good guitar player despite his previous extremely racist statement published in the press. However he is not a good fit for this band.
Just my two cents. Thanks again for your continued excellent curation of the Dead's deep and extensive catalogue of live music.

Anonymous said...

For those with mild OCD like me who pay attention to such minutia, I thought I'd point out that, while the show occurred on 7/7, the file is labeled as 7/6. So, you can save yourself the trouble of looking it up, as I did. =)