Friday, November 10, 2017

Dead Show/podcast for 11/10/17

This week's Deadpod takes us back to the early days of 1971, to a performance that was before a small crowd at Davis Gymnasium on the Bucknell University Campus in Lewisburg PA on April 14th, 1971. This is a wonderful tape, despite a little static here and there.. it has by and large excellent sound and the band is really energized. There's a great mix of rocking numbers like 'Truckin' and 'China Cat' along with quieter ballads like 'Me & Bobby McGee' and 'Sing Me Back Home'. I love how clearly I can hear Phil's thundering bass on 'Bertha'! 
A true treat here is one of the rare performances of 'I Second That Emotion' (only played 6 times) that happens here in set 1. (There is some dispute about the setlist order - Deadbase 50 puts it in set 2, I've left it in its traditional 1st set slot here).

thanks to Jim H for the suggestion -  remember I'm always happy to take requests!

Grateful Dead
Davis Gym - Bucknell University
Lewisburg, PA
4/14/71 - Wednesday
One
Truckin' ;
Deal ;
Me And Bobby McGee ;
Next Time You See Me ;
Bertha ;
Playing In The Band ;
Sing Me Back Home ;
Me And My Uncle ;
China Cat Sunflower >
I Know You Rider ;
I Second That Emotion ;
Casey Jones

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod111017.mp3

Thank you for listening and for your support!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, damn good podcast. Thanks!