Thursday, November 23, 2017

Dead Show/podcast for 11/23/17

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm hoping you'll enjoy this early acoustic Deadpod as my holiday present to you... This comes to us from November 8th 1970 from the famous Capitol Theater in Port Chester New York. As is my tradition, we'll enjoy the fine acoustic set for Thanksgiving and then next week I'll present the tasty electric set. 'Operator' and 'Wake Up Little Susie' make their final appearance in this setlist, and be sure and catch the Godzilla discussion that (who else) Weir goes into.. there's even a little tasty dessert at the end of the set - don't miss it :)

Grateful Dead
Capitol Theater
Port Chester, NY 11/8/70 - Sunday

One - 43:09

Dire Wolf [4:15];[0:35] ;
I Know You Rider [8:10];[0:17#] ;
Dark Hollow (1) [3:00];[0:38] ;
Rosalie McFall [2:57] ;
El Paso [4:39] ;
Operator [2:13] ;
Ripple [4:13] ;
Friend Of The Devil [3:30] ;
Wake Up Little Susie [2:11] ;
Uncle John's Band [6:10];[0:05]

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod112317.mp3

I'm always thankful for the kind friends who listen to the Deadpod and have made it possible all these years. I'm privileged that you find my little podcast of value to you and hope that in sharing this fine music it helps spread a little light and love in the world.
Peace to everyone.




5 comments:

gr8fulmouse said...

For those of us that have every Deadpod since 2006 (just over 600), this show was also featured on 11-29-2013... I hope everyone has a gr8 Thanksgiving!

the professor said...

another one I missed. sorry hope those of you who haven't heard it will enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Professor. I have a question that I'm hoping you can answer. Re: the repeated show, I'm trying to decide which file to keep, and which to discard. I noticed that the file size for this weeks's show is 129 MB; while the file size for the DP from 11-29-13 was only 84.5 MB. This suggests that they are two different sources. Is this accurate? If yes, do you have an opinion on which file/recording is the better one to keep? Many thanks, and happy holidays!

SBUX99 said...

So good, thank you.

the professor said...

The newer file is a newly released tape and is much higher quality.